The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing a theme that is not on Hitskin...?

Go down

Installing a theme that is not on Hitskin...? Empty Installing a theme that is not on Hitskin...?

Post by Guest August 13th 2012, 7:40 pm

I'd like to get the low-down on how to get this in : http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/X-Treme

Is there any simple way to go about this? I don't see any way I'll be able to do it unless I can import it quite directly as installing the theme manually apparently requires the ability to edit things I can't in phpBB3 on Forumotion (like templates) and graphics that can't be brought into a forumotion forum very easily.

If someone could get this onto hitskin or tell me how to get this done that'd be much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Installing a theme that is not on Hitskin...? Empty Re: Installing a theme that is not on Hitskin...?

Post by Scorpi94 August 13th 2012, 9:04 pm

Hello I see there's a download button - why don't you download it and then go to:

your forum>> admin panel>> display>> themes management>> import the skin
Scorpi94
Scorpi94
Forumember

Female Posts : 120
Language : Bulgarian, English

http://freddie-mercury.catsboard.com

Back to top Go down

Installing a theme that is not on Hitskin...? Empty Re: Installing a theme that is not on Hitskin...?

Post by Guest August 14th 2012, 8:41 am

When you download it the file is not in a format that the import / export system uses. Instead, it's just a zip folder of all the images and codes you need to do it yourself basically. It's a site that makes themes for people that have phpBB installed on their own server, not things like Forumotion so much. I was just wanting to know if there was any way whatsoever that I'm going to get this theme to work for me fully. So far I've been playing around with it but there are things that just aren't editable through the Admin CP on Forumotion which I need to get this theme fully installed.

Besides, exporting themes is broken so I have a hunch that importing theme is probably also on the fritz.

Back to top Go down